ATtiny13 is my favorite tiny uC. That’s why I decided to design and assemble 100+ projects based on this chip. Why I like ATtiny13?
- advanced RISC architecture (up to 1MIPS/1MHz, easy to learn Assembler – only 120 instructions)
- pin-compatible with the ATtiny*5 series so if 1K bytes of FLASH and/or 64 bytes of RAM turns out too restrictive, it’s easy to swap in up to 8K without a layout redesign
- operating voltage range (1.8V to 5.5V) and industrial temperature range (-40C to +85C)
- basic peripheral features like timer, 4-channel ADC, Watchdog or Analog Comparator
- AVR-GCC compiler and many other developer tools that are open-source and free
- very-very low price for such computing power!
Here are the ATtiny13 – manual, the ATtiny13 – development board, little guides about how to compile and burn the code to ATtiny13 (ANSI C) and how to install AVR assembler (AVRA) on Linux.
Interesting tutorials: AVR Assembler (AVRA) by Example.
 ATtiny13 – blinky with delay function
 ATtiny13 – LED fading with delay function (Software PWM)
 ATtiny13 – randomly flashing LED with PRNG based on LFSR
 ATtiny13 – blinky with timer OVF (Overflow)
 ATtiny13 – blinky with Watchdog Timer
 ATtiny13 – blinky with timer COMPA
 ATtiny13 – tone generator
 ATtiny13 – software UART (debug logger)
 ATtiny13 – pseudo random numbers (lightweight library)
 ATtiny13 – controlling LED RGB (fancy light effects)
 ATtiny13 – IR remote to control LEDs (NEC proto)
 ATtiny13 – IR remote to control LED RGB (NEC proto)
 ATtiny13 – IR receiver / NEC proto analyzer
 ATtiny13 – Best Room Tempature on DS18B20
 ATtiny13 – two tone alarm
 ATtiny13 – digital DC voltmeter with MAX7219
 ATtiny13 – digital DC ampmeter with MAX7219
 ATtiny13 – dance lights with FFT
 ATtiny13 – simple timer on TM1637
 ATtiny13 – power LED PWM driver
 ATtiny13 – simple text CLI (Command Line Interface) via UART
 ATtiny13 – Morse Code (flashing light)
 ATtiny13 – battery level indicator
 ATtiny13 – simple logic probe
 ATtiny13 – running digits on TM1637
 ATtiny13 – temperature logger using LM35 ans Software UART
 ATtiny13 – running dots & digits on 7-segment LED tube display
 ATtiny13 – WS2812 LED strip – blinky
 ATtiny13 – rainbow on single LED WS2812
 ATtiny13 – rainbow on several LEDs WS2812
 ATtiny13 – circular WS2812 LED chaser
 ATtiny13 – random flickering pixels on 8×8 matrix LED display
 ATtiny13 – blinky with delay function (assembler version)
 ATtiny13 – blinky with timer OVF (assembler version)
 ATtiny13 – blinky with timer COMPA (assembler version)
Realization plan is about ~41%. Some of projects are in progress and some are ready to publish. I’ll keep this page updated!
- attiny13-software-uart-library – ATtiny13 Software UART library.
- attiny-random-library – ATtiny13/25/45/85 16-bit PRNG (Pseudo Random Number Generator) library based on Galois LFSR algorithm.
- attiny-max7219-led-tube-display-library – ATtiny13/25/45/85 7-segment LED tube display (MAX7219/MAX7221) library.
- attiny-max7219-matrix-8×8-led-display-library – ATtiny13/25/45/85 8×8 matrix LED display driver (MAX7219/MAX7221) library.
- attiny-74hc595-library – ATtiny13/25/45/85 74hc595 shift register library.
- attiny-tm1638-library – This is tinyAVR (ATtiny13, ATtiny25, ATtiny45, ATtiny85, and other) library for LED controller modules based on TM1638 chip.
- attiny-tm1637-library – TinyAVR – ATtiny13, ATtiny25, ATtiny45, ATtiny85 – library for 7-segment display modules based on TM1637.
- attiny-ds18b20-library – This is tinyAVR (ATtiny13, ATtiny25, ATtiny45, ATtiny85, etc.) library for DS18B20 temperature sensor.
- attiny-onewire-library – This is tinyAVR (ATtiny13, ATtiny25, ATtiny45, ATtiny85, etc.) library to access devices using OneWire (1-Wire) protocol.